A notification has been issued on 12th November 2021 in connection with the issuance of Instruction for implementation of Scheme Titled Insaf Afternoon Schools in Punjab by School Education Department, Govt. of Punjab Lahore. Further detail of said notification in same is as under;
INSAF AFTERNOON SCHOOLS PROGRAM 2021
I directed to enclose herewith guidelines for implementation of scheme titled Afternoon Schools Programme” as approved by the Competent Authority i.e. Secretary School Education Department.
- I am further directed to request you to disseminate the above said instructions to Chlef Executive Officers, DEAs in Punjab with the direction to follow these instructions in true letter and spirit.
INSAF AFTERNOON SCHOOLS PROGRAM
The Government of Punjab is ensuring the implementation of constitutional obligation as per Article 25-A of the Constitution of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan to provide free and compulsory education to children up to the age of 16 years. Multiple initiatives have been taken to impart education to the children at their doorsteps. In this regard, an initiative with the name of “INSAF AFTERNOON SCHOOL PROGRAM” has been launched in selected schools throughout Punjab as per notified criteria to ensure retention at the primary to elementary level. Furthermore, this initiative will address the access issues, multi-grading, and overcrowding in the public schools of Punjab. In addition to that this will be helpful to bring back those out-of-school children (O0sC) who left schools after passing out Grade-5 especially the girls.
Insaf Afternoon School Program is a low-cost program. The use of existing buildings and infrastructure in public schools is ensured during evening hours. No other additional cost is involved, except the honorarium for human resources to be hired for evening upgraded classes (VI-Vil). The hiring of teachers will be made amongst the staff of same public school preferably. If the teacher of the same school is not willing, only then the teacher can be hired from the nearby public school. In case of non-availability of teachers from the public schools, then private tutors (Interns) can be hired under the prescribed School Teacher Intern (STIs) Policy issued by the School Education Department with the approval of the Chief Minister.
Selection of Teachers
Instructions and guidelines for teachers hiring:-
a. Preference will be given to the teacher of the same school for evening classes.
b. In case of shortage/non-availability of willing teachers from the same school, willing teachers of nearby schools will be hired.
c. Certificate of non-willingness of the same school teachers must be sought.
d. In case of non-availability of teachers both from the same and nearby schools, private teachers may be hired by the respective School Councils by inviting applications locally, under the Notified Policy of School Teachers Interns (STls) by SED.
e. Head Teacher will also be liable to teach in evening hours.
SELECTION CRITERIA FOR UP-GRADATION
(Primary to Elementary Level)
- In primary schools (falling with in the Municipal limits), enroliment of grades 4th & 5th should be 20 for boys and 15 for girls in each class, whereas, in primany schools (falling outside the Municipal limits), cumulative enrollment of grades 4th & 5th be 20 for boys and 15 for girls.
- Distance from nearest Elementary Schools be 1-Km for Boys and Girls.
Chief Executive Officer (District Education Authority) will identify and add recommendations for the up-gradation of schools under IASP on the basis of recommendations of AEOs, Dy. DEOs and DEOs. School Education Department will approve and issue notification through School Information System (SIS) with QR-coded orders.
Honorarium for Teachers
The staff of afternoon schools shall be given an honorarium per month for managing the school@ as under;
- Honorarium will be paid in adition to their salary for the above said purpose.
- If enrolment in notified upgraded schools under IASP remains zero or less than 10 no payment will be made to hired staff.
- Honorarium will be paid via Cross Cheque out of the funds released in the Bank AVC of the School Council.
- In case of closures of schools, 100% Honorarium will be paid to only those teaching non-teaching staff on the basis of attendance of more than 15 days (2-weeks). For less than 15 days (2-weeks), 50% honorarium will be paid to teaching/ non-teaching staff
The upgraded school will be monitored as per the already existing monitoring system through MEAs and District supervisory staff. PMIU-PESRP will monitor and evaluate these schools as per indicators decided for morning schools. All indicators will be reflected in School Information System (SIS). All AEOs will visit the schools falling in
their jurisdiction as per laid down mechanism.
Training for Hired Teachers
Quaid-e-Azam Academy for Educational Development (QAED) will manage the professional Training for hired Heads and Teachers to enhance the teaching capacity of the hired teachers as per newly developed curriculum and pedagogical skills.
Funds Distribution Mechanism
Funds of IASP will be released in Account-V of all 36 District Education Authorities for onward transmission to the Commercial Bank Accounts of School Councils/Non-Salary Budget Accounts of the selected schools to use these funds under prescribed School Council Policy Guidelines. A separate cash register will be maintained for IASP. CEOS will not transfer funds to those schools (evening program) having less than 10 enrollment.
Further original notification in same is as under;