A notification / policy has been issued / approve by Prime Minister in connection with Time Scale Promotion 2022 BPS-01 To BPS-16 by Finance Division ,Govt.of Pakistan.Further detail of said notification in same is as under;
Policy for Time Scale Promotion 2022 BPS-01 To BPS-16
The undersigned is directed to convey that the Prime Minister has been pleased to accord approval to the grant of higher time scale to BPS-1 to BPS-16 to all Civil Servants of the Federal Government thrice during entire service as per following pattern:
- First Time Scale On completion of 10 years’ service in current substantive pay scale
- Second Time Scale On completion of 8 years’ service after grant of first time scale or last promotion
- Third Time Scale On completion of 8 years’ service after the grant of and time scale or last promotion
Time Scale will be admissible subject to following conditions:
- Completion of prescribed length of service.
- Each Ministry/Division/Department will constitute and notify a Time Scale Committee (TSC) on the pattern of Departmental Promotion Committee.
- Time Scale will be granted on the recommendation of relevant Time Scale Committee
- Performance Evaluation Reports, detail of Disciplinary Action (if any) and completion of requisite length of service will be the eligibility criteria for evaluation by the TSC.
- Time Scale shall not be granted w.e.f from the date of completion of requisite length of service rather completion of length of service will make the employee eligible for consideration by the relevant TSC. Time Scale shall always be granted with immediate effect, on the recommendation of relevant TSC, and after the approval of appointing authority at High Time Scale
- Grant of Time Scale shall not be considered as promotion within the meaning of Section-9 of Civil Servants Act, 1971
- The substantive pay scale of time scale beneficiary shall be original scale possessed by civil servant on regular basis through initial appointment or by means of promotion.
- On award of Time Scale the day of civil servant shall be fixed in higher time Scale without grant of pre-mature increment.
- A civil servant who is awarded Time Scale during the period between 1st June to 30th November of calendar year can opt for re-fixation of pay presumptively w.e.f. 14 December of that calendar year with a view to avail benefit of usual annual increment of the year.
- On award of time scale the civil servant will be entitled to pay & allowances sanctioned for that higher time scale.
- Service rendered on time scale will be counted for substantive pay scale of the incumbent.
- Time Scale will not be granted from back date i.e. it will not be effective before the date of TSC’s meeting.
- Time Scale will be admissible thrice in whole service. On each eve of promotion, one chance of Time Scale will be considered lapsed.
- In case a civil servant is promoted before grant of time scale then requisite length of service will be counted with effect from the date of actualisation of that promotion.
- A civil servant who is already availing benefit of Time Scale Policy or move up/placement to higher grades like in case of civil servant in BPS-1 to BPS4, Drivers/Dispatch Riders, Superintendent and health personnel, he/she has to give irrevocable option whether he/she want to continue with old time scale/move-up/placement or new time scale policy.
- Each Ministry/Division/Department may ensure to seek irrevocable option within one month of issuance of this Policy.
- Extra Ordinary leave will not be counted for length of service for grant of Time Scale.
- As a one-time special dispensation, the requisite length of service for grant of first time scale will be counted from current BPS held by the incumbent (either substantive or otherwise).