The Higher Education Commission (HEC) has announced that registration for the 2024 Law Admission Test (LAT) is now open. This test is a mandatory requirement for candidates who aspire to enroll in a five-year undergraduate LLB program at HEC/PBC-recognized universities and colleges, both in the public and private sectors.
The LAT 2024 will be conducted in various major cities nationwide, allowing students the flexibility to select their preferred testing center. The tentative date for the examination is set for January 21, 2024, and the deadline to apply is January 08, 2024. Applications must be submitted online through the HEC website.
It is important to note that passing the HEC Law Admission Test is essential for admission into any LLB program at both government and private institutions and their affiliated colleges.
Registration Process for LAT 2024:
- Online registration can be done at HEC’s website.
- In case of difficulties, visit HEC’s online help or contact HEC Secretariat or regional offices.
- Registration involves creating a profile and submitting the application through the designated link on the website.
- Only completed applications will be considered, and there is a test fee of Rs. 1800.
- Payment can be made through various electronic means as detailed on the website.
- After payment, verification is required on the ETC Dashboard.
Key Points to Remember:
- The test fee is non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Any changes to the test schedule will be updated on the HEC website.
- Roll Number Slips can be downloaded from the HEC website a week before the test date.
- Candidates will be notified of the test details via email and SMS.
- A valid email and mobile number are essential for the online application.
- Candidates must bring a printout of their roll number slip and original CNIC to the exam center.
Online registrations will close on January 08, 2024, at 4 pm. Candidates are urged to ensure their applications are complete and submitted before the deadline.
Candidates should make sure to address any queries or issues before the registration system closes, keeping in mind the logistical and security protocols that prohibit processing after the deadline.