A notification of Imposing a Ban on Transfers and Postings and all leaves in Punjab has been issued.This notification has issued by Government of the Punjab, Services & General Administration Department, Section (Services-I) on 18-12-2023 .
According to this notification, the ban is due to the coming election of 2024 in Pakistan. In this letter it is stated that no transfers / postings shall be made after this notification.
Notification of Imposing Ban on Transfers and Postings & Leaves Punjab
Following instructions have been instructed through official notification in Punjab.
- No government autonomous semi-autonomous organization or any authority in the federation and the provinces shall post or transfer.
- They have no right or responsibility regarding posting or transferring any officer or any official.
- They must wait for the instructions till the publication of the names of returned candidates in the official gazette.
- No government officer or any official can avail of leave till the culmination of the election process.
- Maternity leave for employees or medical leave are exceptions with the authentication of a medical officer.
- During upcoming winter vacations, the officers and officials of the education department will not leave their stations of postings. They will remain available at their respective workplaces to attend the training plan for the polling personnel.
- In case of any exigency proposal of postings or transferred with cogent reason. The public interest will be sent to the Election Commission of Pakistan.
You may also like: BAN ON POSTING/ TRANSFER OF ROs/ DROs / AROs DUE TO GENERAL ELECTIONS 2024