A notification of Item Bank Generation and Review Workshop for Grades 6, 7 & 8, SBA 2023 has been issued on 30-01-2023 by Punjab examination Commission Lahore.Further detail of said notification in same is as under;
Item Bank Generation and Review Workshop for Grades 6, 7 & 8, SBA 2023
The participation of practicing teachers in developing items is a major requirement for standardization of assessment. Since the implementation of Assessment Policy Framework (APF), scope of work for SBA 2023 has been increased many times i.e. from grades V and VIII to grades I-VIII. Furthermore, during the phase wise implementation of APF, teachers need to be involved in item development and other allied activities.
2. Keeping in view the above said need of APF and SBA-2023, PEC has completed the development and piloting of items for grades 6 to 8. Now, a workshop is planned to review item analysis, generate item bank and review the generated item banks in panel, for SBA 2023 based upon the psychometric analysis. Item reviewers (Practicing Teachers) are being nominated for this workshop (list attached). They will do the following tasks:
- Review of Psychometric Analysis
- Review of Items in line with the Psychometric Analysis
- Grouping of items (MCQs and CRQs) as per ToS on the basis of content strand, cognitive level and difficulty level.
- Generation of Item Banks (MCQs and CRQs) in Item Bank System (IBS)
- Review and Finalization of Item Banks
- Following are the details of the workshop:
- Venue: Punjab Examination Commission (PEC)
- Grades 6 to 8
- Schedule: 1st – 4th February, 2023
- Timing: 9 am to 5 pm
- Requirement: All teachers to bring along: 1. Laptop 2. Textbooks of Grades 6, 7 & 8 4.
You are requested to direct the nominated teachers of the respective district to participate in the workshop. The teachers will be paid remuneration as per rates approved PEC commission. In case of any query, feel free to contact Mr. Khubaib Ahmed, Activity Coordinator (0321-7917000)