A notification has been issued on 29-06-2022 in connection with Re-Designation / Upgradation of Posts Policy 2022 by the Government of Pakistan, Cabinet Secretariat Establishment Division. The main points of this up-gradation policy 2022 Federal are as under:
Re-Designation / Upgradation of Posts Policy 2022
- When it is considered necessary to up-grade certain posts in order to rationalize the administrative structure of a Ministry/Division or a Department to make it more effective or to bring about uniformity of pay scales of similar posts in different organizations.
- Where the duties and responsibilities attached to a post have considerably increased.
- Where the pay scale of a post is considered grossly incommensurate with the qualifications and experience prescribed for appointment to that post.
- Up-gradation of a post on a personal basis may be allowed except if any officer, already holding on a regular basis a higher grade post, is posted against a post, carrying a lower grade, due to exigencies of service.
Terms of Reference (TORs) of upgradation Committee
- All requests for seeking up-gradation/redesignation will be sent to the above committee.
- The Committee will consider up-gradation/redesignation matters on a case-to-case basis received from Ministries/Divisions.
- Departments should route the cases through line Ministries/ Divisions.
- The Committee will decide on the cases for up-gradation/redesignation of the posts in BPS 1 to BPS 19. The Division concerned as per parameters of the existing policy shall submit the cases of up-gradation of posts in BS 20 and above for review by the committee before submission to Prime Minister along with the recommendations of the Committee.
- Joint Secretary (Regulation), Establishment Division shall be the Secretary of the committee and will provide secretarial support to the committee.