A Revised Summary of Upgradation of Employees BS-01 to BS-16 for the Federal has been approved by PM.Further detail of said summary in same is as under;
Revised Approved Summary of Upgradation Employees BS-01 to BS-16 Federal
The Prime Minister has seen and is pleased to observe as follows:-
- The payment of different allowances (otherwise frozen at certain levels) to employees holding ministerial posts in different offices, owing to their job description, cannot be the basis for creating inconsistencies in their service structure;
- The Disparity Reduction Allowance, allowed to the employees of the Federal Secretariat, was not given to the employees of Offices referred to at para 15 of the summary. Thus, there may only be a nominal difference between the take-home salary of the employees of the Federal Secretariat and of the above two offices. In case, the benefit of change in service structure is not allowed to employees of this office, it will likely put them in a disadvantageous position;
- Further, any discrimination in the service structure of the employees is also likely to be agitated in the courts based on the protection available under section 3 of the Civil Servants Act, 1973.
- In view thereof, the Prime Minister has been pleased to reiterate his earlier orders at para 15 of the summary.
- Further, necessary action shall be taken accordingly