National Bank of Pakistan NBP offers student loan scheme to those who cannot afford their higher education. NBP Student loan scheme is for those studying in Undergraduate, Postgraduate, and Ph.D. programs and have obtained a minimum of 70% marks in the previous examination. Students of Public Sector Institutions can apply for National Bank Student Loan Scheme 2022. NBP Loan scheme offers interest-free loans to the students.
Applications are invited for the Student Loan Scheme 2022 for the students who are studying undergraduate, postgraduate, M.Phil and Ph.D in the approved subjects i.e Engineering, Electronics, Ol Gas & Petro-Chemical Technology, Agriculture, Medicine, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Molecular Biology & Genetics, Mathematics, Other Natural Sciences, DAWA and Islamic Jurisprudence (LL.B/LL.M Sharia), Computer Science/Information System and Technology including hardware, Economics, Statistics and Econometrics, Business Management Sciences and Commerce under the academic year 2020-2021 and 2021-2022 in public sector institutions.
Detail of Loan
|Category||Merit & Need Based|
NBP Student Loan Scheme 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Under the scheme the students are eligible to apply for loans provided:
- He/She has obtained admission on merit through normal course/procedure in the approved Universities/Colleges of the public sector mentioned hereunder.
- He/She falls at the time of admission within the age bracket of:-
- For Graduation Not exceeding 21 Years
- For Post-Graduation Not exceeding 31 Years
- For Ph.D. Not exceeding 36 Years
- He/She has secured 70% marks in the last public examination.
- He/She has undertaken the study of the subjects given below
- He/She is unable to pursue studies due to financial constraints.
NBP Student Loan Scheme Application form
The application form can be downloaded from NBP website by clicking here.
Application Form will not be entertained if the same is not properly & duly filled in and found missing therewith the following documents.
- Two Photographs of Student attested by not below the rank of BPS-17.
- Attested photocopies of Fee Challan raised/demanded by the Educational Institution and Boarding expenses (excluding meal charges).
- Income certificate from the employer i.e. Government/ semi Government/ Private service
- Income Certificate from the area counselor of the Union Counsel i.e. for self-employed
- Attested photocopies of: –
- Computerized N.I.C of Parents and Students.
- Attested photocopies of all educational certificates
- Secondary School Certificate
- Higher Secondary Certificate
- Marks Sheet/Transcript (Last Examination)
- A certificate (in original) from the Vice-Chancellor/ Principal/Registrar of the concerned University Letter Head confirming date of admission and completion date of study
- Four un-stamped self-addressed envelope (Permanent & Hostel Address) (size 5 X 11).
- The application shall be considered on merit according to the availability of funds. Any application which is not made on the prescribed form or is un-signed or does not contain the Required particulars and documents or reaches late will not be entertained.
- Current and remaining Year fees must be mentioned in columns No. 5 & 6 to avoid any wrong calculation of fees.
List of Approved Subjects for NBP Loan Scheme
- Oil Gas & Petro-Chemical Technology
- Biology, Molecular Biology & Genetics
- Other Natural Sciences
- DAWA and Islamic Jurisprudence (LL.B/LL.M Sharia)
- Computer Science/Information System and Technology including hardware.
- Economics, Statistics, and Econometrics
- Business Management Sciences