A Summary regarding Summary 15% Disparity Reduction Allowance-2022 has been forwarded for Punjab Government Employees for the standing committee of the cabinet on Finance & Development.Further detail in same is as under;
Summary 15% Disparity Reduction Allowance-2022 | Punjab Govt Employees
- Federal Government issued notification regarding grant of Disparity Reduction Allowance @ 15% of the basic pay scale 2017 w.e.f. 01.03.2022. This allowance is for the employees in BS-1 to BS-19. These are those employees who have never got additional allowance / Allowances equal to or more than 100% of the basic pay (Whether frozen or not) or performance allowance (Annex-A).
- The employees of different provincial departments who are already drawing Special Allowance @25% of minimum Basic Pay scale 2017 vide notification dated 07.07.2021 (Annex-B) have started the demand of adoption of above said notification and protesting before the Provincial Secretariat.
- In case the demand of Provincial employees the cabinet accepts i.e., grant of Disparity Reduction Allowance @ 15% of running Basic Pay Scale 2017, the financial implication in this regard is Rs.44.875 billion per annum (Annex-C). The eligibility criteria for grant of subject allowance are the same as reflected in the previous notification dated 07.07.2021 (Annex-B), as well as the name of said allowance, which shall be special allowance 2022 @ 15% of running basic pay scale 2017.
- In view of the foregoing, the finance Department moved a summary for the Chief Minister, who has desired that the matter may be placed before the Standing Committee of Cabinet on Finance & Development (SCCF&D) for its consideration / Approval (Annex-D).
- Proposal in Para 3 /ante, as well as a draft notification at (Annex-E), is placed before the Standing Committee of the Cabinet on Finance & Development for its consideration and approval.
Note:Due to the provincial cabinet is not functional now, the same the provincial cabinet may approve after the restoration of the provincial cabinet.