A notification has been issued on 23-05-2-2022 in connection with alerts / advisory for prevention and control of Crimean Congo Hemorrhagic Fever (CCHF) by DG Health Punjab.Further detail of said notification in same is as under;
ALERTS / ADVISORY FOR PREVENTION AND CONTROL OF CRIMEAN CONGO HEMORRHAGIC FEVER (CCHF)
Kindly refer to the subject noted above.
2. Under the forecast for heavy movement of animals in the wake of forthcoming Eid-ul-Azha, there is a risk of transmission of tick born infection i.e. Crimean Congo Haemorrhagic Fever / Viral Haemorrhagic Fever (CCHF). CCHF is a viral infection transmitted to humans either through handling of cattle meat or by hyalomma tick bite or during tick removal from animal skin. It is a viral hemorrhagic fever (VHF) and priority notifiable disease in endemic areas. Peak transmission season ranges from April to July and late summers in Pakistan. Keeping in view the transmission risk, CCHF cases are expected in coming days. You are directed to implement following measures in your districts:
- Ensure timely uploading of all suspected CCHF cases on DSS dashboard
- Circulate the Guidelines/Fact Sheet on CCHF to all public and private sector hospitals. (Guidelines attached)
- Ensure prompt medical care of suspected cases in isolation wards under supervision of medical specialist.
- Ensure timely investigation, sample collection and send to reference laboratory (Virology Lab, NIH Islamabad)
- Duly filled case investigation / reporting form must be shared at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact the Provincial Disease Surveillance & Respo e Unit of this Directorate for technical assistance regarding subject me•ned above.